“If you take care of your tools, then they’ll take care of you” is just as important to remember when it comes to taking care of your dishwasher as it is with any other tool you depend on. As with most of the appliances in your kitchen, from the kettle to the fridge, your dishwasher needs a good cleaning from time to time – from the inside out! Remember, the cleanliness of your dishwasher is directly related to the cleanliness and hygiene of the plates and glasses from which you eat and drink.
Grease and limescale can clog the pipes of your machine, as well as interfere with the spraying arm. Your machine can also begin to produce bad odours and fail to reach its full temperature while in action if it is not cleaned regularly. We suggest that you use a dishwasher cleaner once a month to prevent grime and limescale from building up, and to make sure that your dishwasher is always running at optimum performance.
At Finish®, we know that the most important parts of your machine are those parts which are most difficult to clean. We also realize that the easier it is to clean your machine, the more likely it is that your machine will stay sparkling. We often get asked about our Finish® Dishwasher Cleaner and how best to use it, so here are some handy hints and tips to make the process as easy as possible.
When using Finish® Dishwasher Cleaner:
• Ensure that your machine is empty, and do not use other soap or detergent.
• Place the bottle upside down while keeping the lid on the bottle but removing the sticker.
• Close the door and set the machine to a high/intense heat cycle, and then begin the cycle.
• Once the cycle is finished, remove the bottle, recycle it, and use your dishwasher secure in the knowledge that it can work at optimum efficiency.
• Repeat around once a month after regular use.
Nothing feels better than a kitchen that’s been cleaned inside and out. This is especially true of the dishwasher. We hope this information inspires you to try our dishwasher cleaner. A small investment of time once a month to maintain your dishwasher pays off with improved efficiency and the peace of mind that comes with the knowledge that you are maintaining one of your most valuable assets in the kitchen.